Sunday, September 19, 2010

Salsa and 14 Years

Kyle and I celebrated 14 awesome years of marriage on September 6th. We commemorated the occasion by canning SALSA. 40 pints and 16 quarts to be exact. Our anniversary fell on Labor Day this year and I was trying to figure out when I would have time to can Salsa. I told Kyle I really wanted to can Salsa and asked him if he would like to help. He had no idea what he was getting himself into. Kyle was really excited at first but after a few hours he realized the ENORMOUS task before us. Thankfully we had really celebrated our anniversary the Friday before Labor Day by going out to dinner. My sweet sister-in-law Melissa took the kids for the night and we watched a movie and went to breakfast the next day. We also decided to get a dog for Parker that day. See what happens when you get a few hours to yourself....you loose the ability to think clearly and you get a little giddy.

I am so lucky to be married to this man. I had no idea that I was getting such an awesome catch the day I married him. He likes to cook, he willingly goes to the grocery store, he loves me despite my many faults, and he likes my spunkiness or so he says. EAT YOUR HEART OUT, LADIES. I loved him then, but I am more in love with him today than I was 14 years ago. Thanks Honey for being my rock and helping me keep my head on straight. Kyle truly helps me keep things balanced in my life. Nobody can make me laugh like Kyle can...he has the ability to do this even when I am upset (an absolutely remarkable talent). I LOVE YOU!!!



No comments: