Sunday, September 5, 2010

Parker and Ellie






I really wanted to title this entry as "World's Best Parents or We Didn't Think We Were Crazy Enough....Take Your Pick." Parker got an early birthday present yesterday. Did you already guess. It is Ellie. He has been begging for a pet for a while now. Carson and Parker went camping with my dad this summer and caught a chipmunk...Parker tried to talk us into letting him bring it home and have it as a pet. GREAT IDEA....GRANDPA. A wild animal sounds perfectly safe. Well I talked Kyle into giving Parker a pet for his birthday..I was thinking a hamster or a lizard...turns out Kyle caved when I suggested a dog. I think it reminded him of his childhood pet dog Winkie. Ellie is so sweet. Parker and her bonded instantly. She loves to play fetch, tug-of-war, and she will play endlessly with the kids. Buster thinks she is absolutely obnoxious....we have decided that Buster isn't a dog PERSON. Ellie seems really smart and she is pretty close to being housebroken. She loves Parker and Parker loves her...the two of them remind of the comic strip Red and Rover. Kyle and I have got to be the coolest parents ever!!!! Usually we are the meanest parents ever, so I am reveling in our current title.

7 comments:

Josh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josh said...

Awesome! Every boy needs a dog. Youre kids are dang lucky to have you two as parents. Im sure they wont realize that until theyre in their 30's though.

Bonnie said...

She's so adorable! You and Kyle are the best parents regardless of getting the new dog!

Jana said...

You guys ARE the coolest parents!!!! Maybe when our baby kate is 4 we will consider the dog thing, but for now we'll have to settle for "meanest parents". Hee Hee

Unknown said...

She is cute! I bet she will fit in with the family perfectly :) By the way your blogs are super cute!!!

aLi said...

Haha!!! I love it, way to go Jamie and Kyle! Coooooolest parents ever!!!

Cindy said...

Ellie is a very cute dog. Parker is a lucky boy. Make him pay for having the best parents in the world. I would!