Sunday, October 19, 2008

Family Halloween Party

On Friday night we had a Halloween Party over at Jake and Lea's house (my brother and his wife). We were going to go to Black Island Farms but due to tough economic times we thought we could save money by doing some fun activities with the kids at home. We made cute pumpkin T-shirts, played Bingo, roasted marshmellows, watched the Adams Family and ate pizza. We had a blast and the kids had way more fun doing this then I think they would have had going to the corn maze.

Alyssa and Ashleigh stirring their pumpkin shirts in dye. Ashleigh won the vampire teeth during Bingo.
Parker taking his turn stirring the shirts all up!
Carson had way more fun than this picture shows, but it was the only one I had of him stirring the whole night. Ooops. It looks like we are forcing him to do some horrible child labor.
Carly had a great time stirring her shirt with a shovel.


Max didn't really get into the whole T-shirt making process, but he had fun eating marshmellows and playing Bingo
Ashleigh and Katelynn checking on their shirts.
And here is the finished products. I think they turned out really cute and we have great memories. Thanks Lea for letting us invade your house we had a blast.

5 comments:

The Mullins said...

What a fun idea! I love the pumpking shirts. I'll have to talk to you about exactly how you did them.

Bonnie said...

Way cute shirts! Looks like you all had a great time.

aLi said...

Those are SOOO COOL! I want to do that... I'll have to call you and talk to you about it.
It sounds like you guys had so much fun. We are genuinely jealous.

And oh my heck, Kate's collarbone break is worse than originally thought??? I am sorry!

Unknown said...

Sounds like so much fun! What a cute idea to do the pumpkin shirts! We are always trying to come up with cute ideas of things to do that we can do at home! The joys of med-school living! I'm supposed to take 20 trick-or-treat items to a Halloween party for the little kids (under 2), and it can't be candy, on thursday. Any ideas? I thought you might have some from past halloween parties, or school parties and stuff! Anyway, sounds like you had a great party!!

Hope Kate's collarbone gets better soon! Poor thing! I hope you guys are all surviving! There's nothing worse than sick kids!

Alicia said...

Fun I love those shirts were they a pain to make?