Monday, November 24, 2008

CALIFORNIA TRIP - DAY ONE

Day One - Wednesday Oct 29th, 2008


We left right after school on Wednesday. We stopped at the store and grabbed lots of treats for the drive. We drove to Primm Nevada and stayed at Whiskey Pete's. We got there about 1130pm. The kids did great on the drive down. Parker and Max played the DS..you can see in the picture that they are sharing headphones. The kids watched movies and ate all their goodies. I made individual treat bags that included suckers, trail mix, fruit snacks, gold fish, and granola bars. Katelynn slept for most of the drive. I took the picture of her right after we left the house and she was asleep before we even got to the freeway. Parker, Carson, and Ashleigh were even able to get some reading in and do a little bit of homework. I was really nervous about the drive, but it went way better than expected. I thought for sure that the kids would be asking us every five minutes if we were there yet and Katelynn would be trying to get out of her carseat and screaming her head off, but my nightmares never came true.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow! Fun pictures. It looks like so much fun. I still wish you could have squished me in your suitcase.

Anne said...

You are so brave! You make having FIVE look so easy! I am amazed. They all look so cute! What a fun trip. I SOOOOO want to go to Disney this year! CUTE, cute.

Jenni said...

Looks like a fun trip, especially over Halloween!!!