Monday, September 15, 2008

WARNING: INCREDIBLY LONG ENTRY - Sorry alot has been happening

Max's 1sr soccer game. He was pretending to be a jedi knight on the soccer field and use the force to move the ball. Kyle's genes are really shining through. Can you say uberdork!!! He ran out on the field yelling I am a jedi knight. SCARY and funny.

Katelynn doesn't take regular naps anymore so she sneaks them in when she feels like it. Kyle said that she was in a chocolate coma!! Kyle had made waffle cookies one Sunday afternoon and Katelynn was the taste tester. After she had had her fill off cookies I guess she decided the barstools would be a good place to stretch out and take a nap. She slept there for like an hour.

The incredibly cool 10 year olds. It is tradition to have a cooked breakfast of your choice on your birthday. The boys picked french toast with powdered sugar AND syrup. I am sure that their teachers loved me and their sugar high.
Max's first day of preschool.
Max with Miss Bonnie
Parker earned his 3rd silver arrow point and his whittling chip card.
Carson also earned his whittling chip and his 3rd silver arrow point

Parker and Carson opening presents for birthday at big celebration for Grandpa Shepherd, Great Grandpa Shepherd, Parker, Carson, and Conrad!!! Happy Birthday all of you boys. It was so much fun to get together with all of the Geiger's and catch up. There were a ton of kids at the Grandma and Grandpa Shepherd's.
We wish you could be here too, Josh. I was able to hold Amelia and I even rocked her to sleep. It is so good to have Ali, Conrad, and Amelia home.


Carson, Frieden(back), Noah, Max, and Carly























Katelynn and her Grand Canyon gun.
Josh, Parker, Tanner, and Jameson showing off their guns.
Katie's boys (Colton and ?) Jake and Carson
Our Family with Grandma Cook



Happy 87th Birthday Grandma Cook. We love you!!!! We gathered at Sean and Melissa's church to celebrate Grandma's birthday.It was good to see all of Kyle's aunts, uncles and cousins.
Candy, Wayne, Grandma, and Jorene. We missed you Kris and Pam. Pam was at Kellen's white coat ceremony in Iowa and Kris lives in California.


Kyle's cousin Camille has a beautiful voice and she sang to Grandma.
The party had a Grand Canyon theme (Grandma wanted to go to the Grand Canyon for her birthday) and so Aunt Candy gave all the kids a rubberband/ball gun from the Grand canyon.



We treated the boys to Golden Corral for dinner and then opened presents with family.




Well it has been a CELEBRATION BONANZA around here the last couple of weeks. Kyle and I celebrated our 12th anniversay on the 6th of September. I can not believe that we have been married that long. It truly has been magical!! I am so grateful to be married to my best friend and to somebody that I love to be with. I am so happy just being with him. We went to the Prairie Schooner and had Alaksan King Crab legs....a major splurge and they were delicious. I love crab and have been somewhat addicted to TLC's Deadliest Catch and so I have been really wanting to try King Crab out. It was fun to crack the legs, they were huge. We also celebrated Parker and Carson's birthday!!! I can't believe my "baby" boys are ten. There is no way possible that I am old enough to have ten year olds. They are growing up so fast. We also celebrated my dad's birthday, Grandpa Shepherd's birthday, Conrad's birthday, and Grandma Cook's birthday and we will be celebrating Jake's birthday and McKall's birthday in about a week.

9 comments:

Josh said...

Hey Jamie. Thanks for putting pictures on your blog of my awesome wife and kids. Ali won't update her blog because she thinks it will make me feel left out, so I appreciate it. Tell the family hi and that I miss them all.

Unknown said...

Sounds so busy, and exciting! I'm so glad that you have a blog and post pictures!! I miss you guys! Sorry that we kept Pam and Dick from all the celebration, I will post pictures of the white coat ceremony and our weekend soon! I promise! Tell the boys happy birthday, and we can't believe how big they are getting!! Hope you have a great, and less busy, week!!

Bonnie said...

Fun photos! You have partied a lot lately! How fun! The photos of Katelyn sleeping on the stools are the greatest!!! Those will be fun photos to show her when she's older.

Sherice said...

Jamie! Don't you love this blogging stuff! It helps me so much to socialize online-not to mention the fact that I never have to scrapbook again!! YAY!! I added you to my blog-list, hope that's alright. Max and Kaden really need to hang out- maybe they could use the force together. Kaden is all about Star Wars. I especially LOVE the nap on the barstool with the chocolate mustache-so adorable. Those ones are priceless! Sorry I keep blabbing. Your family is darling!

Danielle and Ryan said...

Jamie,
I miss you guys so much! I almost don't recognize your kids. I will let you know when my next rodeo is. I am sure there will be plenty more. Roping is addicting! I wish there were more excuses to get together. Love ya.
Dani

Cindy said...

Jamie, I love sleepy Kate, she is so darn adorable. thanks for all the pictures you took at the big birthday bash. I am always forgetting the camera.

Kelli said...

Jamie, I just got to your blog through Bonnie's I loved it. Especially the one of your daughter asleep on the chair. Your wedding picture was great! Hope you are having fun running!!

spenceandcass said...

I absolutely LOVE the picture of Katelynn asleep with chocolate all over her face! It's darling! Glad to see you have become a bogger! Now maybe we will be able to talk a little more often.

Jennifer said...

Jamie, I think it is so nice how many pictures you have taken and posted. I don't ever manage to remember to have a camera around most of the time. Otherwise, I guess i am just too boring to take many pictures. Nice blogging! - Jen